Bramming, Syddanmark

I am living in Denmark and I have an apartment in Lagos Algarve Portugal which I am renting out through FlipKey/TripAdvisor. 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail from the apartment administration office in Lagos telling me my renters had spoiled the main entrance door to the building, and the police had been involved and made a report.

After the administration had repaired the door I received another e-mail telling me the amount I had to pay for the damage.

I then contacted FlipKey/TripAdvisor with the damage reports I had received from Lagos, see the attached e-mail copy, and told them to hold back a part of the damage deposit. As a result TripAdvisor told me they could not accept the report because in their eyes it was not an official report !!!, and I would get no damage deposit from the renters. It was the only official report I could get within 7 days, which is the time limit for holding back a damage deposit.

Further more FlipKey/TripAdvisor gives you no change to find out in advance if your renters are decent persons or a bunch of hooligans.

My advice: House owners, stay far away from FlipKey/TripAdvisor.

Niels Pedersen.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Tripadvisor and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Tripadvisor.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Tripadvisor to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Tripadvisor?

Comments